Privacy is a huge issue on the internet.
In order to protect our privacy and in order to work safely and responsibly online it is critical that we follow these rules:
1. Use first names only. Never use last names or surnames on any of our blogs.
2. Post avatars only. Never post pictures or images of ourselves or of any other students as you could be breaching privacy laws.
3. Never post any private information such as date of birth or private home addresses on our blogs. This could put you or someone else in danger.
4. Write in full sentences. Don’t use texting or other shorter abbreviations. Remember your audience includes your peers but also teachers, parents, family and potentially other members of a global public so express yourself appropriately.
5. Be respectful at all times. You do not want to be found, unwittingly, breaking the law.
6. Remember to support each other online. If you suspect cyberbullying talk to a trusted adult. There is always a teacher or family member you can talk to about this.
Post your views to this question: